AAHA-Accredited Dog and Cat Surgery in Plymouth Meeting, PA
Your pet is in good hands at The Village Vets Plymouth Meeting! As an AAHA-accredited animal hospital, we use the highest standards of care for dog and cat surgery (and many of our other services, too!). AAHA-accredited animal hospital, we meet AAHA’s rigorous requirements for dog and cat surgery. Almost every pet will go through surgery at least once in their lives, and we intend to make every procedure the safest, most comfortable possible.
How We Ensure Your Pet’s Safety
The safety of your furry family member is our top priority with every procedure. Our entire surgical suite and protocols all adhere to AAHA’s strict standards, which are the safest in the industry. These protocols start before surgery and carry through to your pet’s recovery and beyond—and we never leave your pet on their own at any point while they’re with us.
Our safety measures include:
- Pre-anesthetic blood work and exam to make sure your pet is healthy enough for the procedure
- IV catheter that provides fluids which help to hydrate your pet and regulate their blood pressure
- Comprehensive monitoring equipment that measures blood pressure, body temperature, respiratory rate, pulse oximetry, heart rate and rhythm, and more
- A dedicated technician monitoring your pet from the moment they are admitted to their release
- Pain medication before and after surgery to minimize their discomfort
Our Most Common Surgical Procedures
At our Plymouth Meeting hospital, we primarily perform soft tissue surgeries, which are those that do not involve bone. For more complex procedures such as orthopedics, we may need to refer you to a veterinary surgeon, but we’ll discuss all your pet’s options first of course.
Some of the soft tissue procedures we perform here include:
- Spays and neuters
- Mass and tumor removals
- Exploratory surgeries
- Cystotomies (bladder surgeries)
- Splenectomies (spleen removals)
- Basic eye surgeries (i.e. cherry eye, enucleation, etc.)
- Wound repairs
- And more
What People are Saying
My doggie is there now and I feel very good about the care that he is receiving. From the moment I brought him there I felt comfortable. I would highly recommend this place!!
For more information about pet surgeries, please contact our team today at (484) 820-1700. We’re happy to answer any questions and ensure you that your pet’s safety means as much to us as it does to you.